Pages

Monday 25 July 2016

Lamington!!




  I’m an explorer , whenever I come across anything new I’ve to try it and this time it is this
“Authentic Dessert from Australia” called Lamington.
 It’s basic sponge cake pieces coated with chocolate and sprinkled with desiccated coconut. Having a giant sweet tooth lands you with lot of new sweet snacks!!
This one holds a special place because it’s made for my Mum’s 50th. She loved it I hope you guys too will.
It’s simple ,toothsome and of course looks Gorgeous.
I’ve given it my own twist a little away from the authentic style because what’s the fun without a little add on of our own.



Ingredients
  • 5 pieces of basic sponge cake
  • 200 gram Chocolate compound (Morde – Milk ,dark or white)
  • ½ tea spoon Rose essence (optional)
  •  2 table spoon desiccated coconut
  • Cherry 5 pieces
  • 5 Mint leaves



Procedure

  • Cut the cake into pieces of desired shape and size. I prefer pizza slices shape – Thin triangles.
  • Melt the chocolate compound in double boiler or microwave
  • Let the chocolate cool for 2-4 min
  • Add Rose essence to melted chocolate compound (You can add any essence of your choice)
  • Dip the cake piece into it one at a time
  • Coat it with desiccated coconut
  • Let it set in the refrigerator for minimum 15 min
  • Garnish it with Cherry , mint leaves or something that gives it an X factor coz if it looks good it’s always perk added to the dish.

I've added a little color to the Coconut when i coated it with white chocolate to make it visible and attractive.




Easy peasy and quick and unique!!
P.S. If you want the recipe of sponge cake contact me.
Thank you!!






No comments:

Post a Comment